Importance of Hiring Personal Injury Lawyer
An automobile (or automotive) is a vehicle that is capable of propelling itself. Since the seventeenth century, several attempts have been made to design and construct a practically operative automobile. Today, automobiles play an unimaginable role in the social, economic and industrial growth of any country. After the introduction of internal combustion engines, the Automobile industry has seen tremendous growth.
Classification of Automobiles
Automobiles can be classified into several types based on several criteria as listed below:
- Based on purpose:
1. Passenger vehicles – These automobiles carry passengers – e.g: Buses, Passenger trains, cars.
2. Goods vehicles – These vehicles are used for transportation of goods from one place to another. e.g: Goods lorry, goods carrier
- Based on capacity:
1. Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) – Large and bulky motor vehicles, e.g: Large trucks, buses
2. Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) – Small motor vehicles, e.g: Cars, Jeeps
3. Medium Vehicle – Relatively medium sized vehicles, e.g: Small trucks, mini buses
- Based on fuel source:
1. Petrol engine vehicles – Automobiles powered by petrol engine – e.g: scooters, cars, mopeds, motorcycles
2. Diesel engine vehicles – Automobiles powered by diesel engine, e.g: Trucks, Buses
3. Gas vehicles – Vehicles that use gas turbine as power source, e.g: Turbine powered cars
4. Solar vehicles – Vehicles significantly powered by solar power, e.g: Solar powered cars
5. Hydrogen vehicles – Vehicles that have hydrogen as a power source, e.g: Honda FCX Clarity
6. Electric vehicles – Automobiles that use electricity as a power source, e.g: Electric cars, electric buses
7. Steam Engine Vehicles – Automotive powered by steam engine, e.g: Steamboat, steam locomotive, steam wagon
8. Hybrid Vehicles – Vehicles that use two or more distinct power sources, e.g: Hybrid buses, hybrid cars like Toyota Prius, Honda Insight. Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) – Automobile that uses both Internal Combustion Engine and Electric Power Source to propel itself, e.g: Jaguar C-X75
- Based on type of transmission:
1. Automatic transmission vehicles – Automobiles that are capable of changing gear ratios automatically as they move – e.g: Automatic Transmission Cars.
2. Conventional transmission vehicles – Auto-motives whose gear ratios have to be changed manually.
3. Semi-automatic transmission vehicles – Vehicles that facilitate manual gear changing with clutch pedal.
- Based on the side of drive:
1. Left hand drive automobile – Vehicle in which steering wheel is fitted on the left hand side – e.g: Automobiles found in USA, Russia
2. Right hand drive automobile – Vehicle in which steering wheel is fitted on the right hand side – e.g: Automobiles found in India, Australia.
Whether you live anywhere, an unexpected accident can cause painful injuries that impact you for weeks and years to come. Some types of injuries are common in car accidents. When you’re injured in an auto accident, you will need to work with an experienced injury lawyer to build a claim for recovery. The damages awarded are meant to compensate you for your injuries and restore your life to normal. The most common types of car accident injuries are:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is the common name for muscle, ligament and tendon injuries that can happen in a car accident. The trauma can strain muscles and other soft tissues without breaking bones. Whiplash can be very painful, and it can take time to heal.
- Scrapes and Cuts: You may receive cuts from the impact of your vehicle or the other vehicle, or you might get hit by loose projectiles in the car like your phone. Either way scrapes, and cuts can be painful as well as pose a risk for infections and other complications.
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries and other brain injuries can cause immediate injuries and complications that last far into the future and can cause long-term problems with brain function as well as headaches and sleeping difficulties.
- Broken Ribs: Ribs are fragile. Even light or moderate impact can cause ribs to break. You might suffer broken ribs in a car accident when you’re pushed forwards, backward or sideways. Broken ribs can be painful and require lengthy periods of rest.
- Other Broken Bones: A car accident puts unnatural amounts of force on your body. When it’s more than your bones can withstand, you can suffer a painful break. Broken bones are common in all types of crashes including rear-end and side-impact accidents.
- Internal Bleeding: Internal bleeding can be dangerous. It’s important to seek medical attention immediately for anything but the most minor accidents. If there’s any chance that you may have suffered internal bleeding, it’s crucial to find critical care to make sure that you don’t have life-threatening injuries.
- Herniated Disc: A herniated disc occurs when one or more vertebrae in your spine either rupture or shift out of place. A herniated disc can cause pain and complications.
- Knee Trauma: The sudden impact of a crash can cause your knees to strike the dashboard which can cause pain to your ligaments and your kneecap and you might need braces, crutches or surgery to rebuild your knee and correct for damage. Knee injuries in a car accident are especially frustrating because they can cause difficulty walking.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Not all car accident injuries are physical. You might suffer from mental and emotional injuries. You might have post-traumatic stress disorder, and things that used to be routine may become worrisome and even impossible
- Other Psychological Pain Like Guilt: You might also suffer from other psychological injuries as a result of your car accident. You might feel a great deal of guilt. So it’s important to get the help that you need for your mental injuries as well as for your physical injuries.
Importance of hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
Extensive research shows that personal injury plaintiffs who hire a lawyer statistically have better odds of success and tend to receive higher settlements/verdicts than those who represented themselves. Personal injury lawyers help their clients secure compensation for losses incurred. These losses include the loss of capacity to earn, inability to perform normal duties, suffering, and pain. They also include expenses that may arise, the loss of companionship, legal costs, emotional distress and attorney fees. If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident, the best way to get the compensation you need to make a full recovery is by working with a highly professional and skilled lawyer on your personal injury claim. He/she can help you document your injuries and seek the financial recovery that can help you get the treatment that you need. Being in a car accident is never easy. Your lawyer can help you evaluate your case and take the necessary steps to respond in the best way possible after an accident.
Types of Cases Personal Injury Lawyers Take
Personal injury lawyers provide legal representation for individuals seeking compensation for injuries sustained as a result of someone else’s negligence. Negligence is defined as the breach of one’s duty of care to another person, resulting in an injury and monetary losses. Most people immediately think of claims for things like:
- Car accidents,
- Trucking accidents,
- Slip-and-fall accidents,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Medical malpractice,
- Workplace accidents,
- Nursing home falls.
Reasons to hire a Personal Injury Attorney:
If you’ve been seriously injured due to an accident caused by someone else, you may be able to seek compensation for your medical bills and other accident-related expenses
- Professional and Objective: A Personal injury can cause you immense physical pain and emotional trauma. The pain and suffering endured as a result of your injury may prevent you from bringing objectivity to your case. An accident lawyer is only interested in the facts of your case. They’ll bring a knowledgeable perspective to your case so you can get you the settlement you deserve. They’ll fight for you without focusing on things that are immaterial.
- Excellent Negotiation Skills: When it comes to negotiating, the professionals have training in driving a hard bargain and you’re no match for them. Even when the other party is at fault for your injuries, their representatives may try to persuade you to accept a settlement that’s too small to even things out and increase the amount of compensation you receive, you should hire a lawyer.
- Medical Attention: If you contact your personal injury lawyer immediately after your injury, they can help you get quality treatment. The right medical team will help ensure a speedy recovery, but can also help you get the most out of your personal injury claim.
- To choose the best options: Pursuing a personal injury claim for your injuries can take time if you’re not familiar with the process. It may be the only option for you if the offending party has refused to admit culpability for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer will advise you on the best course of action depending on your specific situation.
- Litigation Help: Even if your personal injury claim is legitimate, going to court may turn the tide against you, especially if the other party has a lawyer and you don’t. Having a personal injury lawyer in your corner will help you get the legal representation you need to get the most out of your claim. They’ll gather all the evidence required to win your case in the court.
- Expedite the Personal Injury claim: If you hire a lawyer, they’ll start pursuing your compensation claim while you’re still recuperating. Lawyers have experience with similar cases, so they’re able to anticipate most of the setbacks they might face.
- Scrutinize the defendant’s evidence: If your personal injury claim ends up in the court, the offending party’s legal team will try to prove they’re not responsible for your injuries. This will require a legal mind, so it’s a good idea to hire a skilled lawyer.
- Peace of mind: Seeking compensation for your injuries can be a stressful process. Having a personal injury lawyer will save you time and give you peace of mind. Your lawyer will take care of the complex things you don’t want to deal with.
- Settlement claim on track: You might not be able to meet strict deadlines for filing paperwork for your personal injury claim. A personal injury lawyer keeps tabs on timing and procedures to make sure things happen within the stipulated time limits. This will help keep your compensation claim on the right track.
- Increased chance of compensation: When you’re pursuing a personal injury claim, your ultimate goal is to get the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries. However, the tax treatment for settlement of personal injuries is complex and ambiguous. Hiring a personal injury lawyer virtually eliminates the risk of settling for less than your case should be worth.
- Real Estate finance,
- Fast, easy, stress-free Real Estate Closings,
- Real Estate finance,
- Real Estate Transactions (Residential and Commercial)
For ‘Free initial Consultation’, please contact, NY Premier Attorneys with successful expertise spanning decades, at
Pheterson, Spatorico LLP, or visit us at https://psnlawgroup.com/
Mr. Derrick A. Spatorico, NY Premier, Real Estate Attorney
(‘Lawyer of Distinction’, ‘Super Lawyer’, ‘McKnight Awardee’, ‘Personal Injury Verdicts Awardee’, ‘Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum’)